Account Manager, Italy
Global Markets, which encompasses Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, takes British content to the world. This is achieved through creative partnerships with local indies and broadcasters to create local content, affiliate channels deals to introduce BBC Brit, BBC Earth, BBC First and CBeebies to international audiences and finished programme sales to show fantastic content like Planet Earth II and Doctor Who to the world.
Due to some exciting changes in our Sales team, we have a new opportunity for a strategic, charismatic Account Manager to join the team. This new role will report into the Vice President for Sales, Western Europe and will drive and execute the sales strategy for the Italian market, including scripted, factual and digital accounts, achieving and surpassing sales revenue targets.
The Account Manager will focus on the development of new sales and commercial opportunities by selling and promoting BBC content to new and existing customers in region. The Account Manager will take ownership of end to end sales process by implementing and promoting Adding Value Worldwide selling principles across major client accounts both in Italy and any cross-regional accounts in Italy & Iberia.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Contributes to the delivery of agreed regional sales revenue targets by:
- Building and maintaining effective long term relationships and a high level of satisfaction at a senior level with a number of key regional accounts, decision makers and influencers to maximise and increase profitable revenue, sometimes in difficult negotiations.
- Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with accounts to understand and analyse their needs; proactively proposes and creates sales plans with varied route to market options that link client needs as closely as possible to the delivery of regional sales strategy
- In collaboration with VP Sales Italy & Iberia, develops varied and engaging sales propositions for key accounts and content titles based on a well-developed understanding of clients, market conditions, BBC content pipeline and brands. Presents compelling proposals and coordinates the buy-in of internal support functions such as Marketing, Creative and Communications to support the delivery and execution of high profile bespoke sales plans.
- Displays an expert knowledge of the region including key accounts/clients, competitors and market conditions (PEST analysis, political, economic, social, technology) inputting market knowledge into the development and identification of business opportunities for further exploitation in close collaboration with VP Sales Italy & Iberia.
- Agrees trading terms for accounts in Italy working in close consultation with the VP Sales Italy & Iberia and leads the client relationship strategy for key pan-regional clients across Italy & Iberia, working closely with the Account Executive, Spain.
- Supports and deliver the key client account strategy led by the VP Sales Italy & Iberia with day-to-day relationship management of key client accounts in Italy.
- Inputs into the development of the sales capability by mentoring the team of Account Executives and Sales Support, championing the BBC Adding Value selling principles and BBC Commitment behaviours in region.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to build strong relationships both with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to take initiative on strategic decisions
- and implement those decisions
- Sound commercial acumen; the ability to identify, evaluate and pursue new business opportunities and risk
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Influencing and networking skills
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in commercial negotiations
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills
- Experienced in managing and motivating sales professionals
- Strategic thinking ability
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2016/17, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 157.3M (2015/16: 133.8M), and headline sales of 1,059.9M (2015/16: 1,029.4M) and returned 210.5M to the BBC.
The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCWs revenues, across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.
Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Northern Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.