Globally, BBC Worldwide takes a lead role in developing premium content for audiences through a strong slate of programmes, leveraging deeper producer relationships, and by pursuing a more creative approach to deal-making. We’re looking for people to join the team who can help us to maximise the return from our content relationships through access to programmes and creation of new IP, exposure to growth businesses, and ever-closer partnering.
The purpose of this role is to help develop the Global Channels’ content delivery strategy through the effective negotiation of rights and content for BBC Worldwide’s commercial channels across a given region. You will be responsible for supplying cleared and cost-effective programming from within BBC Worldwide’s catalogue.
This role is managed by the Acquisitions Manager and also works closely with the Head of Acquisitions and Content Assistant. The Acquisitions Executive deals with the Scheduling team on a daily basis, and negotiates regularly with the regional sales teams to secure content. It will also require frequent contact with Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Manage the execution of the Global Channels volume deals with the various sales teams and ensure that all content is clear and delivered in a timely fashion according to deadlines.
- Keeping across the internal content pipeline and ensuring information is shared with relevant departments.
- Build and maintain close relationships with teams across the region, Branded Services and the Content division, including Programming, Operations, Affiliate Sales and the WW investment teams, in order to secure content for the channels.
- Oversee the processing of all deals and release of information to relevant departments (Scheduling, Media Supplies, Press, Creative Services, Legal and Finance).
- Work closely with the Acquisitions Manager on securing the best content for channels – primarily from BBC Worldwide.
- Close involvement in the structuring of new channel budgets based on price point research and territory availability.
The Ideal Candidate
- Comprehensive knowledge of BBC WW programming catalogue and future programme investments.
- Experience within Pay TV Channels business with experience of dealing with complex administrative tasks preferably within an Acquisitions environment.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of content acquisition and rights within the BBC and TV industry in general.
- Ability to multi task and keep track of large volumes of data, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Good team player, pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Excellent IT Skills on basic systems e.g. Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2016/17, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £157.3M (2015/16: £133.8M), and headline sales of £1,059.9M (2015/16: £1,029.4M) and returned £210.5M to the BBC.