BBC Cyber Security Apprenticeship
BBC Information Security is offering 2 level 4 apprenticeship schemes in conjunction with Firebrand Training, one is within our Governance team and one I within our Security Operations Centre. It will give you the chance to develop your information security skills working for the worlds leading public service broadcaster and receive high class industry recognised training.
The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks. Hackers are very attracted to our digital doorstep and theyre trying to break in; we need to ensure that the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
The BBC Information Security team works to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation:
- keeping information and systems secure
- writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- conducting compliance reviews
- managing information security related risks
- providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries in the world alongside our team of information security professionals. Youll be able to develop your own skills and abilities in an organisation thats diverse, challenging and always rewarding.
The Ideal Candidate
The role is suitable for non graduates who have an interest in information technology and security.
- Should be able to describe technologies already researched, giving details of their benefits and risks.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about new technologies when directed by management.
- Good knowledge of Outlook as well as intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confidence to ask for assistance when necessary.
- A positive attitude towards communication within the organisation.
- Asks for feedback and listens to it.
- Acts with integrity and takes personal responsibility for outcomes.