Business Analyst, Corporate
We are seeking a Business Analyst with extensive SAP experience to undertake the business analysis function within the Corporate Portfolio, ensuring that business requirements are fully understood, clearly documented and that the delivered solution meets these requirements and brings about the expected benefits..
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge of existing business processes and identifies areas for potential process improvement.
- Reviews and evaluates business benefit cases and requests for change, producing feasibility reports that establish the justification for any future project work.
- Facilitates workshops, interviews and meetings with business stakeholders and their delegates to elicit requirements.
- Defines data mapping requirements including data definitions and business rules.
- Analyses, specifies and validates business needs and processes translating these into user stories, functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Captures and analyses business information needs, creating wiki entries and other documents as required.
- Ensures that the business information is accurately migrated and reconciled prior to the implementation of any new project, process or functional change.
- Ensures that requirements are accurately documented, version controlled and traceable throughout the life of the project
- Translates business requirement into third party software vendor application and operation requirements, ensuring these are fully understood by the third party vendor.
- Identifies and validates user acceptance criteria, working from business requirements, solution design and test strategy, creating user acceptance test scripts and traceability matrices.
- Supports the operational handover process, identifying service levels, key performance indicators and assisting with the creation of standard operating processes and support models
- Ensures business users are capable of using any new process or change to an existing process, creating user guides and training materials and providing training where necessary.
- Ensures that the business requirements are fully understood by architects, solution and UX designers, development and test teams.
- Negotiates changes to requirements or solutions where necessary.
Scope & Impact
- Located in London, supporting a global business community. Foreign travel may be required, where appropriate.
- The portfolio supports the Finance, HR, Content, Facilities, Rights and Talent Accounting business functions.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- Expected to provide accurate estimates for work and once agreed, to execute these functions in a timely manner, raising any exceptions or issues to the team lead and project manager as soon as they are identified.
- Impact assessment of project issues and risks where they relate to business processes and requirements, making recommendations to the project/programme manager
- Identify any operational handover or support risks, where they relate to functional and non-functional requirements, and provide options for mitigation and review by the project board.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills
- SAP experience (essential), ideally both Financial, Sales & Distribution and Materials Management.
- Process analysis and mapping (essential).
- Experience of creating diagrams to BPMN standard (desirable).
- Microsoft Visio experience (essential).
- JIRA and Confluence experience (desirable).
- Data modelling and mapping (essential).
- Requirements gathering techniques and documentation (essential).
- Functional and non-functional analysis (essential).
- Issue and risk assessment (essential).
- Attention to detail (essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication (essential).
- Managed difficult stakeholder relationships well (essential).
- Can work within multiple project methods such as Agile and Waterfall (essential).
- Can lead and facilitate workshops (essential).
- Can undertake root cause analysis and define solutions (essential).
- Commercially focused (essential).
- Manages ambiguity and is resilient (desirable).
- Degree level or relevant experience.
- BCS, ISEB or equivalent in business analysis
- 3+ years project delivery as a business analyst.
- 2+ years within a media or similar multi-national organisation
- Experience of working with outsourced suppliers.
- Experience of both Business to Business and Business to Customer solutions.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.