Business Analyst, iTV
Business Analysis provides a key function in the BBC’s multi-disciplinary Design and Engineering teams that are responsible for defining and delivering digital products.
Working as part of the agile delivery team, the Business Analyst role is responsible for the requirements analysis and creation throughout the delivery lifecycle. Requirements elicitation, workshop facilitation and collaboration between teams are a key part of this role.
Business Analysts work with a range of product managers, editorial staff, project managers and agile delivery teams to help define the next generation of the BBC’s digital products.
This role supports the BBC’s portfolio of Interactive TV products and services (excluding iPlayer), with responsibility for the following:
- Delivery of BBC Red Button products (both Internet-connected and via Broadcast)
- In partnership with Product Teams from the respective divisions, Delivery of BBC News and BBC Sport propositions for Connected TV
- Delivery of underlying capabilities for the BBC’s Interactive TV services
- Delivery of Interactive capabilities to support Distribution of BBC linear content on Television (including TimeX functionality, Radio Channel slates and pop-up messaging)
Reporting to the Executive Product Manager – and working with project management and engineering colleagues, the Business Analyst supports Product Managers and Senior Product Managers to drive the evolution of these products in line with defined business goals.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding of relevant technologies, especially data analytics tools, linked data, web and mobile application frameworks
- Ability to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Quickly understands business requirements and technical challenges on a project
- Demonstrable experience of requirements documenting for various audiences - both technical & non-technical
- Demonstrable experience of using relevant documenting & diagramming techniques such as Use Cases, User Stories, User Journeys
- Takes input from product owner and is able to work autonomously to deliver the required artefacts
- Demonstrable experience of working in multiple methodologies such as Agile and other iterative development methodologies
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.