Are you an experienced Business Analyst looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you have an interest in improving the BBC’s environmental performance?
The BBC’s emerging environmental strategy focuses on our operations, industry and our audiences. It also sets targets for greenhouse gas emissions (carbon), energy use, travel, waste, water, staff training, sustainable productions and procurement, all to be met by 2022. Each BBC Division will have bespoke goals to help deliver the strategy.
The BBC’s Design and Engineering division (D&E) provides the technology for broadcasting. That means everything from transmission for TV and radio to BBC iPlayer and our online innovations to email and business systems for the BBC’s world-class programme makers and staff.
D&E is responsible for a significant share of energy and resource use in the BBC. Technology can also be an enabler that helps meet the targets e.g. video conferencing as an alternative to travel. Meeting environmental goals related to energy use reduction, travel reduction and staff training will be key for D&E. There is also the possibility of additional targets that are specific to D&E e.g. carbon reduction in the supply chain.
You will be joining BBC R&D, part of D&E, to work in the R&D Sustainability team, which is focused on the environmental impact of media technology. R&D’s Controller is the divisional lead for sustainability and has tasked the R&D sustainability team to make this assessment of D&E’s current activities and plans, given the BBC’s emerging strategy.
You will be helping to shape D&E’s sustainability plan by auditing D&E’s activities, both business-as-usual and development projects that have significant environmental impact; estimating the current environmental impact of D&E, identifying any knowledge gaps that exist and identifying any interventions required.
You will make recommendations for environmental targets for the division, and create a roadmap of how to achieve them including any organisational, cultural and process changes required.
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of environmental assessment and an interest in sustainability is desirable but not essential.
- You are an experienced business analyst who can select different business analysis techniques as appropriate and relevant
- You can navigate around an organisation, take input and direction to run with a task and work independently
- You can work and gather information from across the wide range of the division’s activities
- You can quickly understand an organisational structure, and business processes and systems and assess them objectively and systematically.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can work with people at all levels in D&E division.
6 Months Fixed Term Contract / Attachment
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.