BBC Worldwide’s portfolio of franchise and genre brands exist to extend the enjoyment of global audiences’ favourite programmes and includes the longest running sci-fi TV show in the world Doctor Who; the world-renowned entertainment format Dancing With The Stars which has over 50 international versions; the most successful motoring entertainment show in the world Top Gear, which has been sold to over 220 territories; and the leading factual umbrella brand BBC Earth, which amplifies landmark natural history titles such as Planet Earth II as well as overseeing live events, web activity and giant screen experiences associated with the brand.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Communications professional to join our team on a six month fixed term contract. You will work on some of the BBC’s biggest brands and programmes from Blue Planet II to Top Gear helping to bring them to audiences worldwide.
Working with the Brands and Content Communications team, your main role is to support and deputise for the Head of Comms and ensure there is a strong corporate communications strategy in place for both business areas focused around story-telling and profile-raising to the industry and consumers - as well as issues management.
You will have the opportunity to work across all content genres, brands and programme formats, working closely with the relevant management teams to shape our global brand and key titles strategies and working with external partners on new brand initiatives worldwide
From working with actors, presenters and film makers to promote their shows around the world to finding creative and innovative new ways to showcase our brands and content to global audiences we’re looking for someone who is passionate about BBC programmes.
- Devise and implement PR strategy for corporate, consumer and B2B audiences across BBC Worldwide’s content and brands businesses.
- Deliver business-reputational coverage in trade media for BBC Worldwide’s Brands & Content businesses.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to devise and implement press and publicity strategies for key title launches and brand initiatives integrating BBC Worldwide’s brand, creative and marketing objectives.
- Develop collaborative working relationship with franchise and brand owners, production, digital and marketing teams and regional brand and communication leads.
- Provide briefings for senior executives outlining the major BBC, BBCWW and industry issues and research and write speeches as necessary.
- Organise press events and press visits/interviews in market.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven press and PR experience ideally gained in a TV/Media/Brands environment
- Proficient in running global PR campaigns – with experience and knowledge of utilising digital and social media techniques and outlets
- Experience of brand management in a communications capacity
- Excellent writing skills
- Be familiar working closely with creative talent
- Experienced in organizing events/press launches and managing sensitive and controversial topics
- Experienced in managing teams and budgets
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.