Digital Analytics Manager - Product Analytics
We create amazing digital experiences for the children of Britain. From Topsy and Tim to Danger Mouse, from Newsround to Blue Peter, we work with globally loved brands to deliver websites and apps that inform, educate, entertain and inspire.
We’re a team of over 60 people based in Bridge House, MediaCityUK. Our agile teams are made up of software engineers, testers, user experience designers, design researchers, product owners, business analysts and project managers, all striving to create extraordinary experiences for our young audiences.
Today we’re working on what mobile, tablet and desktop experiences will be like for the children of tomorrow. So we need great people to come and help us shape the future of the BBC.
Within the BBC, Data Analytics is a multi-skill set function aimed towards helping the BBC to achieve the goal of being more data driven. This team includes people who specialise in different forms of analysis but who have more in common than they do apart. Variations include digital analytics, social media analysis, time series modelling, and real-time analysis.
As a Digital Analytics Manager in Children’s D&E you will work with multi-disciplinary development teams and stakeholders to ensure that data management, analytics and data science services are implemented and deliver value to support our strategic aims across a portfolio of games, mobile apps, web and news products.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate the following:
- Expertise in using third-party analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Webtrekk, AT Internet) from both reporting and implementation perspectives
- Has demonstrable experience of leading, commissioning, undertaking and delivering analytics, data and measurement projects across a range of digital media.
- Has extensive experience of working with leading-edge analytics tools to help organisations achieve their aims
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik)
- Understanding of AB testing / MVT methodologies and platforms
- Excellent career progression - The BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - Our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community - We have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.