Digital Journalism Apprenticeship 2017
The news changes every day andthe way we get our news is changing too. From 4K TVs to hand-held devices, today's news is mobile, on demand and faster than ever.
- Can you take a story and make it go viral?
- Can you make the best of social media to reach new audiences?
- Can you listen to people and explain complex stories in a simple way?
If you've got what it takes to tell a storyand reach people who don't normally consume the news, then we want to hear from you.
We have placements with our sportsand newsteams in Salford, the London newsroom and in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.We also have positionswith local radio stationsacross England. They are in Bradford, West Yorkshire; Wolverhampton, Sunderland, Blackburn, Leicester, Portsmouth, Taunton, Northampton, Bristol and Cambridge.
For more information please visit our careers site:http://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/trainee-schemes-and-apprenticeships/journalism/dja
You will be studying for a Level 3Apprenticeship in journalism designed by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
Apprentices combine classroom-based study, learning on-the-job and working towards exams in Media Law, Public Affairs, Broadcast Journalism and News Reporting.
- Youll learn how to create great content and programmes for TV, Radio, Digital, Online and social media.
- You'll train and work with BBC editors and staff.
- Youll write, record, create and reach out toour audiences.
Digital Journalist Apprentices will be placedwithBBC news teams around the United Kingdom. Theywillwork and train alongside experienced BBC journalists and after sufficient training they will be given the opportunity to make a real contribution to our news output.
The Ideal Candidate
- You are creative, intelligent, determined and resilient.
- You are quick to react, an enthusiast for all things digital and you are already using social media to communicate.
- You know how to connect with your local community and share their stories and experiences with a wider BBC audience.
Please note this is a scheme aimed at non-graduates. But you need to have at least 5 GCSEs with Maths and English at a C or above (or equivalent). If you have a degree or a qualification at Level 4 or above you are not eligible to apply for this scheme - but you might want to apply for theJournalism Trainee Scheme.
The BBC Digital Journalist Digital Apprenticeship is a 22 month placement starting in September 2017 and completingin July 2019.
Currently, the annual training allowance is 12,500 rising to 14,000 in year 2. If you are based in London you get an additional 4,560 to reflect the greater cost of living in the capital.
About the Company
We dont just focus on what we do we also care how we do it and how we treat each other and our audiences. Strong team working is highly valued as is a commitment to shared goals. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.