Digital Marketing Assistant, Social (BBC Children in Need)
BBC Children in Need is the BBCs UK Charity. Our vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
The Charity, currently supporting 2,563 projects working with children and young people in the UK, with a total value of c.155m, has the following strategic aims:
- To increase our impact: to accelerate and broaden the positive and measurable impact that we have on the lives of children and young people.
- To build strong financial foundations: to drive income growth and optimise our funds to maximise the benefit they can have.
- To build a strong charity: be an efficient, effective and well-run organisation, which supports its staff to be their best.
We are currently looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant, Social, to support the Marketing Officer with managing the social media community.
This is a short fixed-term role to cover the Children in Need Appeal from 28th August to the 17th November 2017.
*TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR CVTO email@example.com ALONG WITH A SHORT COVERING EMAIL EXPLAINING THE EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE HAD OF MANAGING A SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY.*
- To monitor the BBC Children in Need social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and respond to our audience; replying to questions, offering encouragement etc.
- To check and post social media content posts provided by the Content Producer.
- To review the discussions around BBC Children in Need and related programmes on our and other social channels and highlight engaging and interesting content that can be used to produce creative content.
The Ideal Candidate
Skills required for the role:
- Fantastic and creative copywriting skills and an ability to write within a pre-defined tone of voice.
- Great attention to detail with an ability to spot and correct errors in copy and video.
- An understanding of social platforms, how they differ and how to tailor content to them.
- A passion for social media in daily life and an understanding of social media trends.
- Desirable: experience monitoring and managing an online community.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.