Ethical Policy Assistant
About BBC Worldwide
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2014/15, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 138.6m and headline sales of 1,001.8m with 226.5m returns to the BBC. The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCWs revenues (c361.8m), across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.
The post-holder will be a member of the Ethical Policy Team, and will work closely with the Ethical Policy Executive and the Ethical Policy Manager to help:
- Meet and exceed BBC Worldwides ethical trading objectives.
- Roll out the ethical trading programme to suppliers and licensees and maintain its effectiveness.
- Work with and support suppliers and licensees to improve their ethical performance.
- Meet key deliverables on ethical policy.
Protecting the reputation of the BBC is paramount and this role is a key contributor in ensuring that products that we source do not compromise the BBC's reputation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Maintain and update the ethical database, send and process reminders for data updates, follow-up/ verification audits and renewal audits to internal customers and licensees/suppliers
- Manage the flow of audits, review sheets and assessment communications to/from consultants, licensees, suppliers, and internal customers;
- Assist with queries that arise from internal customers/licensees/suppliers
- Maintain a comprehensive filing system
- Assist with audit reviews as directed
- Provide administrative support to the Ethical Policy Manager and the team
- Review Employment Profile Assessments
- Oversee the administration of the Ethical Policy mandatory online training
Knowledge & Skills
- Computer literate specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- A solid understanding of corporate responsibility principles
- Team player
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Influencing and co-ordinating skills
- Graduate with a specific interest in the corporate responsibility agenda or relevant experience gained in the workplace.
This role is a 15 Month Fixed Term Contract running until 31 March 2017.