Events Team Assistant
The Award Winning BBC Worldwide Global Events team is a central function within the Communications department, working with all departments across BBC Worldwide in all regions and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Team Assistant to join our team on a fixed term contract until June 2018.
The team offer full event management from brief to implementation and evaluation as well as consultation services working with local regional teams across the globe. We are a free service made up of 11 core experienced event professionals led by Head of Events. This role will report directly into the Senior Event Manager (Ops) who works under the Head of Events.
We manage events of all types, sizes & budgets, including product launches, conferences, internal business events, stand builds at APEX Expo, MIPCOM & MIPTV and our flagship event BBC Worldwide Showcase.
You will provide extensive knowledge and first class administrative support across simultaneous event projects working to various members of the team.
- Assist team members with administration associated with payment including processing POs, processing One Time Vendors and Emergency Payments and liaison with suppliers and accounts regarding invoices and payment.
- Coordinating small and large scale meetings including liaising with invited parties/companies, booking meeting rooms, organising catering, organising parking, taking minutes and hosting guests.
- Arranging transport, couriers, travel and all associated tasks for various events as requested by the team.
- Research venues, caterers, theming and other event suppliers, collating research findings and preparing reports and presentations as requested by the team.
- Assist with general team operational administration including annual and sick leave records, time sheets, new starter and freelance set up, HR and IT documents and other ad hoc duties.
- Using various IT systems including a content management system to update the events team intranet site on a weekly/as needed basis as requested by team members; using DotMailer, a registration/email system software to create and track RSVPs for events; using various iPad apps for guest list management and table plans.
- Create presentations and support with the technical set up of these presentations before meetings, with team support
- Assist the team with preparations for on site event requirements including badge making, van packing, printing, collating H&S documents and other ad hoc duties.
- Assist the team on site at events including guest registration, catering set up and pack up, meeting and greeting of talent or speakers, front of house roles etc.
- Support to the Head of Events including some diary management, assisting with meeting preparations, preparing packs and schedules, producing reports and statistical analysis and other ad hoc duties as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a team of similar size (approx. 8-10 people), showing outstanding team working skills
- First class customer service to internal (team) and external (rest of company and external companies) stakeholders.
- Competent Microsoft suite user: PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook diary management
- Efficient planning, organisational and prioritisation skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- friendly and approachable communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and solve problems autonomously
- Competent, confident character; executing tasks with enthusiasm and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrates an interest in events and the media industry.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.