Experimentation & Optimisation Analyst
Data Analytics & Products is responsible for defining, interpreting, visualising and democratising the data gathered across our audience facing products. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team and play a key role in shaping a data driven culture, in particular focusing on both the delivery and adoption of Experimentation & Optimisation (A/B testing).
We are a team of 35 people split across 5 pillars: Digital Analytics; Data Science; Marketing Science; Social Analytics and Data Products based in London, Manchester and Cardiff. We are a centralised team, facing outward into the business meaning you will solve broad and varied problems with renowned brands like BBC News, Sport and iPlayer.
Join us and help achieve our goal of putting data at the heart of everything we do.
The Data Analyst is responsible for harnessing insight from running A/B and multivariate testing programmes across the BBC. You will partner and consult with teams around the business generating and prioritising ideas to develop impactful roadmaps that align with business objectives. We want you to be proactive in turning ideas into test plans, gathering and defining requirements, structuring hypotheses and defining success metrics.
You will be a storyteller with the ability to analyse results and produce actionable recommendations, empowering the business to make changes to audience facing products. Educating and influencing stakeholders through training, knowledge shares, enforcing best practice and impactful communications will be key to driving cultural change around the business.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you must demonstrate expertise in the following:
- Testing tools (e.g. Optimizely)
- Statistics of A/B testing
- Digital analytics tools (e.g. Adobe DAx, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- A scripting language (e.g. R, Python SQL)
You will have a genuine passion & curiosity for data, audience behaviour and solving problems. You will have strong communication skills and be comfortable presenting complex findings in a clear and concise manner.
Proposed Band B
About the Company
- Excellent career progression - The BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - Our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community - We have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.