Finance Analyst - WE
FinanceAnalystposition for BBC Worldwides Global Markets Television Centre London (12 Months FTC)
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. Weinvestin, commercialise andshowcasecontent from the BBC in the UK and around the world. We are now looking to appoint a newFinanceAnalyst to work closely with our Western Europe region, preferablyfluent in French.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial information and commercial and planning support to finance team and business managers to enable the business to make effective commercial decisions.
- Provides accurate analysis and interpretation of monthly results and commentary against budget and latest forecasts to review how the business is performing.
- Monitor and update KPI reporting and post investment reviews to measure delivery of returns against approved funding or business plans.
- Prepare modelling of five year plans and new business initiatives to support delivery of regional strategy.
- Communicate, report, and advise relevant data and trends to the team and wider business as necessary to aid the development of a strong financial control and reporting environment and to promote financial understanding throughout the organisation.
- Provide support to the business through analysing new opportunities for existing businesses and modelling new strategic opportunities to develop business models and demonstrate their financial viability.
- Support the completion of the annual and quarterly planning process through the provision of supporting schedules and the timely maintenance of data within the SAP/BW financial system to comply with BBCW reporting and strategic requirements.
- Work with regional finance teams to ensure compliance with BBCW Accounting Policies, IFRS, and where applicable local GAAP to ensure business risks are minimised and continually looking for opportunities to improve processes and controls to ensure compliance and minimise risk.
- Support sales teams where appropriate to negotiating new deals through revenue modelling to deliver increased income.
- Support manager by providing value added analysis and recommendations, in order to meet departmental and company objectives and support business decision making
- Assist with review of statutory accounts, tax and VAT returns for subsidiary business to meet company and statutory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent accounting knowledge gained from a professional accounting qualification (ACA preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in French
- Experience of preparing and reviewing financial analysis to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Experience of financial reporting and forecasting within the media, entertainment or publishing industry desirable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel (including pivot tables). SAP and BW experience preferable.
- Good awareness of current and prospective technical accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS.
- French and / or German fluency is desirable but not essential
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.