Global News Test Engineer
The Digital & Technical team of Global News Ltd is looking for an experienced, professional and enthusiastic Senior Tester to join the team on a full-time basis.
BBC Global News Limited brings together the BBC World News television channel, bbc.com/news and bbc.com/sport, as part of the BBC News Group family. BBC Global News Ltdsambition is to maximise the quality of BBC News outside of the UK, focusing on delivering a commercially funded, but public service driven, news business.
The Digital and Technology Department works closely with colleagues across the BBC and leads delivery of the BBC Global News Ltds services across four screens - Desktop, Tablet, Mobile and Interactive TV platforms.
We want an exceptional Test Engineer to work in a multi skilled development team, to ensure the continuous delivery of features for our International product set. You will be responsible for testing software delivered to a high quality ensuring that high test coverage is maintained, while working in a multi-disciplinary team with product owners, designers, developers, architects and testers in an Agile development environment. The candidate needs to be able to get to grips with our products quickly and be experienced enough to work without significant assistance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven testing skills developed through experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and ways of working
- Ability to create, adapt and execute effective test strategies
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and innovate
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and comfortable communicating at all levels in the organisation
- Work closely and communicating clearly within cross-functional teams
- Ability to experiment, analyse and continually improve test practice
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Working knowledge of product/defect/test case management systems
- Good understanding of test automation and its value and application within agile delivery
- Ability to anticipate problems and tackle them with a pragmatic approach
- An appreciation of good user experience and being prepared to be the users advocate
- ISEB / ISTQB certification in Software Testing
- Experience in the creation of automated tests BDD and TDD
- Experience in cross-browser / platform testing including mobile and tablet devices
- Working knowledge of a CI system, ideally Hudson or Jenkins
- Knowledge of IP networking and UNIX-based operating systems
Salary - Up to 45k with a potential 10% bonus
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until mid-September 2018, with the possibility of extension
Job share and part-time working applications are welcome for this role. Please include details of the proposed arrangement in your application.
Please note successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.