Graphic Designer - Digital Platforms
Graphic Designer (Digital Platforms) - BBC Worldwide - TV Centre
*Please ensure you include a link to your portfolio with your application.*
The Digital Platforms Designer is responsible for designing and reversioning existing art work for BBC Worldwide’s Digital Platform clients, including VOD, SVOD and EST. Working closely with the Digital Production Manager and the Digital Artwork team, they will produce artwork for key clients such as Netflix, Google and iTunes. Key to the role will be the ability to produce and adapt iconic imagery, ensuring visual consistency while working across a range of Premium content and Franchise Brands.
The Digital Platform business is an area of considerable growth and revenue potential for BBC Worldwide. This role will be instrumental in establishing relationships and providing artwork that cuts through, promoting BBC content and driving viewers within the non-linear environment.
- To provide creative design solutions ensuring the brief is fulfilled to the highest standards and delivered to the schedule set by the Digital Production Manager. Close collaboration with colleagues in the Design and Production teams as well as managing key relationships with internal clients.
- To establish the creative parameters for Netflix, setting a standard and establishing working relationships with Netflix Creative Services.
- Working closely with the Photography team to ensure a healthy pipeline of photography for Digital Imagery and Campaigns.
- Produce elegant, accurate and legible typography at all times, ensuring that type complements the imagery required.
- Participate in studio-wide creative processes, such as the giving and receiving of feedback on selected creative output; brainstorms for priority design projects; reviews of studio practice.
- Support the Digital Production Manager in regular backing-up of work, and in the maintenance of the departments artwork archive. Be active in participating in discussions around workflow efficiencies best practice.
- The role will primarily service Digital Platforms but may also be required to design print campaigns, brochures, website interfaces and experiential material for key trade events.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graphic design qualification to degree level or equivalent
- Experience in an advertising, digital or TV environment
- An interest in the non-linear environment including design sensibility within Digital Platforms. An understanding of the changing requirements of design and creative marketing materials on Digital Platforms.
- Experience in strategic and conceptual thinking. A strong understanding of the importance of brand within the Digital space and experience on working on brand projects.
- Strong layout and compositional understanding, with good typographic and Photoshop skills.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.