Group Finance Analyst
We are looking for a Group Finance Analyst for a 12 month contract. You will support the Group FP&A Finance Manager in all FP&A reporting and analysis, including the annual budget, forecast and five year planning processes, and creation and maintenance of appropriate financial models. The role also has responsibilities for on-going monthly and quarterly reporting requirements including segmental reporting.
- Support the Finance Manager - Group FP&A in all aspects of the annual budget and five year planning processes, including consolidation and analysis of regional plans and developing P&L, balance sheet and cash forecasts where required.
- Produce timely, accurate and high quality consolidated management reports for budgets and long range plan.
- Complete monthly and quarterly commentary and variance analysis for assigned areas, including segmental and functional reporting, ensuring appropriate challenge / supporting analyses to gain a full understanding of performance.
- Present analyses completed in a clear and professional manner to a standard suitable for discussion at Board level, including recommendations reflecting a strong commercial awareness and understanding of business objectives.
- Creation and maintenance of complex financial models and facilitate sensitivity and scenario analysis around key drivers of the long term plan and investment prioritisation.
- Work with regional teams to ensure consistency in approach, improve accuracy and understand plans, and cash flow and balance sheet management.
- Maintain up to date commercial knowledge of the Entertainment and Media market and understand the impacts on divisional / regional results.
- Identify areas for improvement with Group FP&A processes, make recommendations and implement changes where appropriate.
- Ad hoc work as required to support the Group Finance team and other teams around the business.
The Ideal Candidate
Education / Knowledge / Skills
- Qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) or with proven experience as an Analyst or Management Accountant in a commercial business environment;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills reflecting an ability to manipulate and interpret data, to provide meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes;
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop common sense, practical solutions to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines;
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities against conflicting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel and advanced modelling skills with the ability to create and maintain complex financial models;
- Experience of forecasting, reporting and consolidations in a complex multinational, multicurrency business preferable;
- Experience of cash management and reporting is desirable;
- A strong working knowledge of SAP/Business Warehouse is preferable;
- Confident team player with strong influencing, facilitation and communication skills;
- Media experience desirable
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.