This is an opportunity like no other. We’re looking for exceptional people to join our team in the diverse and innovative BBC HR Service Centre.
We are passionate about working with colleagues to put world-class creative content on the air. Whether it’s Strictly Come Dancing, the Radio One Breakfast Show or the latest must-watch boxset on BBC iPlayer, you will play a big part in helping the BBC to inform, educate and entertain our audiences.
Every day, we provide HR services to over 20,000 colleagues and freelancers. We’re looking for outstanding people who…
- Enjoy helping others in a thoughtful and caring way
- Take the initiative to ask questions to understand what colleagues need
- Love working in a fast-paced, energetic team and enjoy being creative
- Like to make a difference; spotting ideas for improvement and being creative on a daily basis
What do we do?
The team works with colleagues from across the BBC, making sure HR requests are completed to the highest standard, as well as providing expert advice and support.
As a member of this team you will receive and process requests, providing thoughtful and caring solutions that support our colleagues to do their best work of their lives.
We have three team goals;
- To be a high-performing team
- To deliver great services to our colleagues
- To create an amazing place to work
If this sounds like you, then we want you to be part of our team!
The role exists to deliver transactional services and processing activity to the BBC workforce providing information, managing data and executing process delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide HR helpdesk / query resolution service to employees, following clearly defined processes, in line with defined SLAs
- To problem solve queries, offering resolution and/or escalating queries to the relevant team/ 3rd party within the Service Centre
- To understand and gain insight into customer concerns and problems by questioning, exploring issues and reviewing data
- Able to use People systems, entering data into relevant systems and ensuring data quality
- To produce analysis and recommendations through data from relevant systems in order to answer queries
- To accurately maintain People-related data and personnel files, ensuring confidentiality
- To provide answers confidently based on data and understanding of policy and process
- To work, where required, to support projects across BBC People
- To work as part of a team, and collaborate across the Shared Service centre
- To contribute to a culture of service excellence and support continuous improvement
The Ideal Candidate
- Basic computing and telephony skills are essential
- Basic level of HR process knowledge is essential / may demonstrate proficiency in an area of HR specialism e.g. reward , recruitment
- Experience of handling queries in relation to full employee lifecycle
- Prior experience of working with People systems (such as SAP) is desirable
- Prior experience of working in a shared service centre environment is desirable
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; ensures facts are correct, complete and consistent
- Proven and effective administrative skills
- Uses standard procedures and common sense to solve problems
- Understands how to handle, resolve and escalate enquiries; passes on information prompt
- Grade 5
- Proposed band B
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.
The BBC is committed to redeploying employees seeking suitable alternative employment within the BBC for different reasons and they will be given priority consideration ahead of other applicants. Priority consideration means for those employees seeking redeployment their application will be considered alongside anyone else at risk of redundancy, prior to any individuals being considered who are not at risk.