Head of Technology (IT)
We are hiring a Head of Technology for IT to join BBC Technology, Distribution & Archive Division to be based in London or Salford.
BBC Technology, Distribution & Archive Division that delivers the technology and services that enable the BBC to fulfill its strategic and business goals. In simple terms, it provides the technology to enable great content to be delivered to our audiences 365 days of the year.
We are looking for you to drive technology solution design, taking Architectural strategy and turn it into deliverable proposals and solutions. IT includes technologies used to support and deliver the networks, data centres, devices, desktop services, messaging, unified communications, mobility services, information technology security, and IT management systems (e.g. identity and access management) required to deliver information technology services across the BBC. Pan BBC Architectural strategy sits outside of this role.
You will provide the technical expertise and leadership to ensure that the BBC has a fit for purpose set of solutions that can be delivered through the BBC’s outsourced IT services and be the expert and adviser on all pan-BBC IT matters, bringing the most up to date and tested thinking to the table ensuring that technology is used as a driver for change and innovation.
We are looking for you to ensure strategic alignment between the pan-BBC IT strategy and business needs and to own key products supporting pan-BBC IT throughout the product’s lifecycle.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be an effective senior manager and team player with the ability to manage effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. We are looking for you to demonstrate personal commitment and accountability to ensure standards are continuously sustained and improved both within the internal teams, and with partner organisations and suppliers.
- Extensive experience of setting the strategy and delivery of solution design for for a wide range of IT capabilities.
- Experience of large, complex organisations’ enterprise wide use of IT.
- Experience of managing IT services in an outsourced services environment.
- Experience of implementing new initiatives or driving through process change and new ways of working.
- Strategic thinking: the ability to evaluate options in the short, medium and long term and balance short terms pressures against longer-term strategic requirements.