Junior Infographics & UX Designer - Russia Service
BBC World Service Group is an international multimedia broadcaster, delivering a wide range of language and regional services on radio, TV, online with a big focus on mobile.
BBC Russian Service Moscow bureau is looking for a Designer to join the team on a continuous basis.
The main responsibilities for this role are as follows -
- To contribute design expertise to project teams made up of journalists, product managers and developers.
- To communicate conceptual ideas and design decisions to project teams.
- To collaborate with design colleagues to produce sketched concepts, user journeys, wireframes and navigational prototypes that reflect user needs.
- To provide designs across multiple screens for projects that deliver coherent user experiences.
- To ensure accurate data representation and accessible design solutions.
- To deliver maps, charts, information graphics and branding to support daily output.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to the requirements stipulated in the job description you will also be required to:
You will be capable of creating infographics (including interactive) for the web and TV, creating interactive projects and promotional webpages, packaging editorial and promotional stories, creating icons and working with data.
- Understand the specifics of work with journalists, willingness to create products jointly
- Experience of work in digital media and digital design (sites, web services, mobile apps, interfaces)
- Work in Sketch or Adobe CC , Zeplin
- Know at least some basics of HTML / CSS
- Understand the principles of usability, know modern trends and technologies in digital design
The candidates should be fluent in spoken and written Russian, with an excellent command of English.
Package: Local terms and conditions
About the Company
We do not focus simply on what we do, we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you have read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.