TV Technology is working across the areas of Production to deliver effective web applications to enable continuous improvement in the BBC. To do this we require talented, enthusiastic developers to help us shape and deliver applications to Production. We are a small team, who like to work together to deliver applications that exceed our customer’s expectations. The work can be varied taking you from a story continuity application to an event planning tool.
You'll be one of two web developers, working along side a back end developer, Business Analyst, Project Manager. This is a team effort with everyone having a part to play and a voice to shape the product. You will report directly to the Senior Product Manager.
We are a small development ops team who work collaboratively across each new application being built. Our aim is to deliver our customer’s requirements in the best possible solution.
We utilise the Cosmos / AWS platform to utilise the best technologies and best practice code across the BBC development community.
Technologies and platforms:
- Cosmos / AWS platform (cloud services)
- LAMP stack
- You will work with RESTful APIs produced by our back end / middleware developer in PHP, Laravel.
- You like working as part of a team to create a great product.
- You can multi task, working on a few projects at once.
- You like working in an agile environment.
- You’re passionate about delivering simple, easy to use, well written applications
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record of being part of the successful delivery of projects across the entire app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Knowledge of git
- Familiarity with Bootstrap
- Experience of working with designers to build user interfaces, with focus on clean, simple usability
- Knowledge of the project life cycle and structured project methodologies
- Capability to understand and assess business needs and prioritise
- and propose suitable technical or process solutions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical matters simply and clearly to non-technical colleagues.
- A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to travel
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.