Junior Systems Engineer - BBC TV, Radio & Archives FTC/attachment
BBC Design & Engineering provides the foundations for broadcasting - we keep the BBCs services on-air 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That means everything from transmission for TV and radio - enabling us to reach 97% of adults in the UK every week including the cameras, mixing desks, email and business systems for our world-class programme makers and staff.
The primary purpose of the particular role is to facilitate the design, implementation, commissioning, test and delivery of technology systems within the Television, Radio and Archives Engineering Team.
You will be working with a team of engineers and Production colleagues to help the BBC commission & schedule programmes and content, and design workflow, studio, content production and archiving systems to help the BBC Inform, Educate & Entertain our audience.
Our TV & Radio teams focus on creating content along with data to make it discoverable in an IP world, and to package it fit for our Archive teams who look after one of the worlds largest multimedia Archives. Their purpose is to capture, store and preserve all the BBCs varied content to create an enduring and accessible cultural memory.
The TV, Radio & Archive Engineering team aim to design and deliver the best systems, services and tools to support content makers from idea to archive.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to learn quickly about media technologies and systems
- Ability to prioritise and plan, working under pressure whilst maintaining high standards
- Good communication (verbal, written, listening) and IT skills
- The ability to forge and maintain a range of relationships with a wide set of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the BBC and / or media sector with an understanding of the pressures and demands of a fast-moving live or production environment
- Knowledge or experience of working with media/technology tools (hardware and software)
- Awareness of web based integration technologies and database architectures
G6 / C
FTC/Attachment 12 Months
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups.We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.