Here at BBC Worldwide we are looking for a Licensing Executive who will be responsible for licensingrepertoire from 3rd party record companies and to support the `Licensing In `and `Licensing out` managers with the licensing for all products released by Demon Music Group to ensure all projects requested by Product Team are approved for release on time and on budget.
- Liaise with Product Team to ensure all requested tracks are licensed in line with project budgets, P&Ls, and in time for planned release dates.
- Keep Label Managers and the Licensing In Manager informed of any problems with licensing of repertoire as well as suggesting solutions to any licensing problems.
- Contact Demon Catalogue Owners & Artist Managers to gain consents for the use of Demon tracks on Demon release where contractually required. Answering enquiries from Catalogue Owners / Artist Managers.
- Organise the generation and execution of license agreements for Demon albums.
- Put together deal memo packs to include all signed licenses for each album to send to BA for legal sign off for manufacture.
- Ensure Royalties Team have all information relating to each Demon album and that all invoices are paid on time.
- Ensure all 3rd Parties are sent final details and samples of each album.
- Track and renew licenses on all albums released by Demon and keep other departments informed of the status of each album. License broader digital and territory rights at extension.
- Support the Licensing Out Manager with licensing out duties.
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day running of the Licensing area to ensure smooth running of the department leading to commercial success.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Administration, communication and presentation skills.
- Relationship building and commercial acumen.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure without losing focus on the detail of each project.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to multi-task and prioritise work as part of a team.
- High standard of education or equivalent experience.
- Relevant licensing in experience.
- Good knowledge of the Music Industry including rights owners of a wide variety of repertoire.
- A good level of expertise in Word and Excel as well as an understanding of basic accounting and royalties.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.