We are looking for a Localisation Coordinator to join the team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The Localisations Coordinator will assist in the coordination, commissioning and supply of localised assets (Subtitles, Dubbing, Lectoring) in over 30 Languages for BBC Worldwide divisions, with a specific focus in the French market.
You will be responsible for the compiling of all Foreign Language Versions and manage the relevant databases which allow the sharing of all media/assets relating to foreign language.
You will also engage with language houses, setting delivering schedule and tracking progress to ensure all deadlines are covered and quality standards are met; escalating issues to relevant parties, internally and externally.
The role will also assist in the tracking and monitoring of the channel localisation spends by leading the purchase orders and invoices processing.
Reporting to a Localisation Operations Manager, you will assist in the commissioning of Foreign Language Versions and the maintaining relationships with providers of localisation services (dubbing, subtitling, lectoring), ensuring that contractual and quality thresholds are achieved.
Manage all relevant media deliveries into BBCW divisions and coordinate localised assets logs and storage in various systems to ensure global visibility at all times. This will include developing constructive relationships internally and across the division which can lead to improving the flow of media.
Coordinate workflows for media supply to localisation vendors world-wide, (proxy files and Master video Files content) ensuring effective and timely delivery. Monitor and follow up all complaints with localisation suppliers, as required.
Raise the Purchase Orders for channel localisation in SAP if required, process invoices, handle related queries and track actuals in an excel spreadsheet.
Other responsibilities include:
• Monitor and upload deliverables, specifically the coordination and delivery of video proxy, audio wave files and scripts to the relevant vendors.
• Set schedules for Worldwide’ s vendors according with deadlines and coordinate dubbing, voice over, subtitling or lectoring production workflow timelines with the languages houses.
• Responsible for keeping the foreign metadata up to date when required.
• Liaising with sales teams, keeping them up to date about language delivery schedule according to client’s needs.
• Responsible for regularly updating schedules of language dubs and subtitling trackers and updating relevant databases for all types of versioning to ensure global visibility to our regional offices and internal customers.
• Logging foreign tapes into SPS system when required.
• Liaising with other teams such as Content Fulfilment, Platform Operations, Programme & Media Operations, Compliance, Global Sales Delivery, etc. for updates/status on Dubbing and Subtitle creation.
- Reviewing scripts and providing thorough feedback.
• Taking care of technical and editorial quality under BBC standards.
The Ideal Candidate
· An understanding Foreign Language versioning and the localisation end to end process.
· Ability to work within a team and alongside internal and external departments
· Ability to successfully manage restricted timelines and coordinate large volumes of material
· Stakeholder management experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills, including Excel and Databases
· Prioritisation, Organisation and Time Management Skills
· French native/bilingual proficiency is essential
Experience working in TV broadcasting, Media production or localisation services.
self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building productive relationships with external suppliers, internal departments and within the team.
Self-disciplined and a team player which will allow them to positively contribute to the future planning and media workflows with the department.
Good knowledge of digital environment
Knowledge of French Media Market highly desirable
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.