Exciting new opportunity to join BBC Worldwide as our new Marketing Coordinator - 12 Month FTC
Operational responsibility for consumer and trade marketing for the BBC brands, distribution and TV sales in Western and Northern Europe with the aim to help build ratings, grow subscriptions to the services, support TV sales and develop our brands.
- Provide operational and administrative support in implementing consumer and trade campaigns for the BBC brands, including the execution of B2B and B2C events in market.
- Provide administrative support in running social media accounts for BBC brands in the region
- Be an expert on local audiences, fans, customers/buyers, partners and opinion formers, and advise on how we engage these customers to the marketing team
- Working with the central marketing team to manage the production, stock and distribution of premiums and merchandise, ensuring adherence to BBC guidelines for fair trading sourcing and policy
- Once a TV sale has been achieved work with the promotional departments at the broadcaster to ensure a successful launch into territory
- Ensure all marketing tools available – EPKs, promos, trails, web content, photography etc, are supplied to the broadcaster or affiliate partner within deadlines for transmission
- Raise POs and track budgets as requested by the marketing team
- Oversee the websites in the Nordics and work closely with the central digital team
- Work on sales presentations on an ad hoc basis, collating research data, programming information, promo reels, screeners and campaign examples for the commercial team’s needs.
The Ideal Candidate
- The Marketing Coordinator is required to have an entry level marketing experience, including social media and digital within the TV, entertainment or FMCG industry.
- Thorough understanding of all sides of the TV industry, both channels and content sales
- Proficient Microsoft office skills
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language is essential
- Marketing degree desired but not required
- Experience in working with external agencies, suppliers, partners – both UK and overseas is desired
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.