New Business Manager (BBC Children in Need)
BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK Charity. Our vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
The Charity, currently supporting 2,463 projects working with children and young people in the UK, with a total value of c.£160m, has the following strategic aims:
• To increase our impact: to accelerate and broaden the positive and measurable impact that we have on the lives of children and young people.
• To build strong financial foundations: to drive income growth and optimise our funds to maximise the benefit they can have.
• To build a strong charity: be an efficient, effective and well-run organisation, which supports its staff to be their best.
This role directly supports the above vision and therefore is critical in dynamically driving forward the aims of the Charity.
We now need to appoint a New Business Manager for a 12 month fixed-term contract. Based in London, you will manage and drive a portfolio of partners who can help to add breadth and depth to the annual Appeal as well as generate additional income.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an organisation where your negotiation skills will make a difference to the lives of 480,000 disadvantaged children and young people right here in the UK.
The New Business Manager for BBC Children in Need will be joining a successful and growing Corporate Partnerships team. You will play a major role in helping shape the future growth and development of Corporate Partner income for the Charity. In this role you will proactively develop a pipeline of long term, high value corporate partnerships that maximise income. Using your skills and experience you will create compelling propositions and lead negotiations and pitch processes to secure a range of new corporate partnerships.
• Developing new business opportunities for the Top Children’s Charity in the UK.
• Analyse the market in order to build and manage a robust pipeline to secure new mutually beneficial, multi-year partnerships that meet financial targets and support our fundraising vision and priority areas.
• Strategically research, pitch and secure new business opportunities, developing and nurturing these relationships and new licensing activities.
• Seek opportunities to exploit the BBC Children in Need brand in new sectors to increase income opportunities and reach to new audiences.
• Uphold all agreed partnership contracts and rigorously observe ethical codes.
The Ideal Candidate
Joining a successful and growing Corporate Partnerships team, you will play a major role in helping shape the future growth and development of Corporate Partner income for the Charity. In this role you will proactively develop a pipeline of long term, high value corporate partnerships that maximise income. Using your skills and experience you will create compelling propositions and lead negotiations and pitch processes to secure a range of new corporate partnerships.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.