Organisational Development Advisor
Purpose of the role
To support BBC Worldwide in the organising and delivery of all areas of training and development, developing and implementing digital learning, co-ordinating the usage of the Learning Management System (LMS) and supporting the OD team in all projects related to talent and learning (for example, appraisal and objective-setting).
Manage the day-to-day delivery of learning and development: this includes, but is not restricted to:
- Management of the L&D calendar, scheduling and organising training/development events, including adding events to the LMS
- Act as first point of contact regarding LMS-related queries
- Provide administrative support to the oversight of BBC Worldwide’s mandatory training for staff and contingent workers, including the monitoring and reporting to enable the business to meet completion targets in a timely manner and respond to ad hoc queries from BBC Internal Audit.
- Managing the cohort of business trainers
- Tracking attendance, organising rooms and materials and ensuring courses are run in an efficient manner
- Producing reports on attendance, completion and feedback from training; producing and maintaining talent statistics and reporting
- Liaise with international HR Business Partners to ensure all training held outside the UK is delivered in a consistent and timely manner.
Design and deliver engaging digital learning opportunities: this includes, but is not restricted to:
- Contributing to the growth and development of the content of W:People and our L&D newsletter
- Proactively develop and deliver digital-learning projects relating to leadership, the Commitment competencies and various academies as required
- Work closely with OD managers to produce digital content for the Worldwide Academy
- Develop and maintain social media platforms for organisational development (for example, our Careers Website, Linkedin page and any learning social media)
Scope & Impact
- Co-ordinates the operation of critical systems and processes globally which provide the foundations for BBCW’s HR and Organisation Development teams. This directly impacts the overall performance and reputation of Human Resources.
- Contributes to projects to achieve milestones and objectives or initiatives that impact the business on a global level.
- Operational decisions are guided by BBCW’s business strategies and objectives.
- Develops self as an Organisation Development expert within BBCW, both within and beyond own function
- Sits within OD team.
Strategic Planning & Decision Making
- Regular face-to-face / phone /email contact with other members of the Organisation Development team and other members of the wider HR team, and BBCW employees
- Contact with the supplier of our LMS.
- Occasional face-to-face / phone / email contact with the BBC Academy, BBC Internal Audit, compliance areas and other suppliers of e-learning solutions and HR specialist groups to provide, receive, exchange information and instructions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working within organisational development is preferred
- Strong organisational skills – attention to detail and accuracy
- Technical skills relating to digital content, social media and on-line systems
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to problem solve including strong use of initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
About the Company
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCW’s revenues, across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.