Personal Assistant to the Head of Gaelic Services
We are looking for a Personal Assistant to support the Head of Gaelic Services. To provide administrative support to a group of managers acting as first point of contact for a range of internal and external stakeholders. Fluency in Gaelic is essential.
The BBC's Gaelic services encompass the TV channel BBC ALBA, Radio nan Gaidheal and digital content including Social Media and bbcalba.co.uk. BBC ALBA is a partnership between MG ALBA and the BBC operated by a small partnership management team. The programmes and content for these services are supplied by a range of teams and independent companies based throughout the country. The Head of Gaelic Services works in Glasgow with teams and production suppliers based across Scotland.
- A good communicator with knowledge of the managers or activities they support, the job holder will act as the first point of contact handling complex and confidential situations and requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Organise events and meetings, including the booking of venues, travel and accommodation.
- Provides some diary management services, including the management and scheduling of key calendar appointments ensuring effective use of managers time.
- Frequently liaise with various internal and external contacts, screening and prioritising all forms of incoming communications.
- Maintain, efficient and effective filing system, ensuring all documentation catalogued and organised using internal systems.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of providing designated support at managerial level in a range of organisations.
- Proven experience of organisation, diary management and planning skills.
- Organised with ability to prioritise own workload effectively, to co-ordinate activities and conflicting demands to ensure that tight deadlines are met.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to work well with range of people at all levels.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.