In the UK, BBC Worldwide enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
The Picture editor will be expected to work closely with the GF Design Hub and GF Content Hub to manage the picture desk for BBC Good Food brand. This involves the commissioning of content, managing the commissioning system, sourcing picture content, managing picture workflow, picture budgets and picture mark-ups across the GF Brand.
Youll be responsible for the day to day output of the picture desk ensuring the photography assignments, commissioning, picture research and mark-ups are completed in line with deadlines across the Brand platform.
- Commissioning photo sessions for the GF Brand including booking locations, photographers, food stylists, prop stylists and hair and make-up when needed.
- Attending editorial and shoots meetings with creative input for ideas for photos and features.
- Picture researching content for the GF Brand, including news and health pages, travel section, celebrity features and other seasonal features.
- Negotiating rates with picture agencies within the budget of the GF Brand and clearing rights for usage across platform.
- Responsibility for the commissioning of GF Brand content, commissioning system and processing invoices for contributors.
- Managing the GF Brands content on ELVIS/Digital Asset Management system. Liaising with Licensing & Syndication department to clear content.
- Ensuring copyright forms are signed by photographers and contributors for every commissioned shoot. Liaising with legal department for talent contracts and assignments.
- Working across GF Brand on any special content needed. (Mag, Digital. GF Shows, Books, Merchandise, Partnerships and Marketing)
- Assisting the Design hub with managing and maintaining the workflow of commissioned photography and organising photography credits where necessary for print.
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial picture editing experience on a weekly or monthly national consumer title.
- Understanding of the different aims and styles of target audience is essential.
- Experience of organising and commissioning photo shoots.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain and improve a complex administration system and to prioritise work according to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of picture copyright issues.
- Interest in food, photography and design.
- Ideally with knowledge of using a picture Digital Asset management system, SAP/commissioning/payment system (though not essential), Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat Reader, Word and Excel software packages.