Are you an experienced Correspondent looking to take on the challenges of Scottish Politics in the run up to the Referendum, arguably the biggest event in Scotland’s future for the last 300 years?
Or are you an experienced reporter who has worked for at a senior level in a Network or Nations Newsroom who is ready to take on a specialism?
If so Editors at News and Current Affairs in BBC Scotland would like to hear from you.
For further information please contact,
Peter MacRae, Editor Newsgathering
Karen Johnston Managing Editor
- To ensure a high level of accurate, informed, entertaining and fair journalism across the brief
- Be influential in shaping and developing BBC’s news agenda
- To originate good newsworthy stories and creative story treatments.
- To produce both diary and off diary stories
- To analyse all information obtained against the general background of current developments in order to assess its relative value and importance
- To accurately dissect, analyse and contextualise an event or story or situation and co-ordinate all the elements
- To translate complex material into its most simple form and tailor it for the relevant audience
- To translate complex ideas and innovative approaches into exciting programming
- To maintain an overview of complex situations
- To write and produce finely-crafted, imaginative packages, reports and items for all NCA outlets and also, when required, for a Network audience
- To report live for Radio and TV - giving accurate updates and analysis whilst events unfold
- To broadcast clearly and calmly, professional and entertaining news stories that are of value to a Scottish, and a wider, BBC audience
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial experience as a Senior Broadcast Journalist
- Experience of reporting on live/breaking news
- Sound knowledge Scottish and UK politics and all related topics
- Knowledge and understanding of the political/economic and cultural developments across Scotland, the UK and internationally in relation to the brief
- Experience of interviewing and reporting, preparing and voicing packages for broadcast
- An excellent understanding of the remit and audience of Good Morning Scotland, Reporting Scotland, Newsnight Scotland and Daytime Radio
- An awareness of the requirements of all politics programmes produced by the unit
- A thorough knowledge of all the requirements of the Producers’ Guidelines and the recommendations and implications of the Neil Report and the King Report for BBC Journalism