Post Production Manager
Our Global Operations teams make sure our content gets to where it needs to be, on time, and on budget, whether that’s on a channel in Asia or a digital platform in the US. They are at the logistical centre of the business, and maintain great relationships with Sales and Content to make sure that the entire supply chain of content runs smoothly.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Post Production Manager to join the team on a six month fixed term contract. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the post production facilities and staff situated within BBCW London Head Offices. In addition, the role involves managing a team of ten, consisting of video editors, audio engineers and media support employees, as well as technical plant of edit bays, audio suites, desktop systems and supporting software, hardware and production storage infrastructure. The Post Production Manager will bring an exceptional level of leadership, operational management experience, technical and systems knowledge, creative acumen and customer service to the role.
The key responsibility of this role is to diligently manage the Edit Village facility to ensure it is fully operational and capable of peak performance on a daily basis and to ensure it meets the technical and creative requirements of all clients, both internal and external. It is expected that this individual will develop and sustain a professional environment and provide the highest level of customer service and technical industry standards.
Other expected functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that department output meets all industry technical and quality standards
- Manage third party suppliers and rate structures in a professional and transparent way, maintaining collaborative relationships
- Continuously improve facility operations, quality and performance
- Oversight of departmental budget and capital expense objectives
- Provide strategic technical and operational input to develop the growth and capability of the department
- Produce regular utilisation, usage and financial reports
The Ideal Candidate
- Suitable experience within a professional media or broadcast environment
- Extensive knowledge of media and broadcast technologies and digital systems
- Expert knowledge of post-production techniques and the ability to apply this knowledge with confidence
- Working knowledge of post-production editing software and media management tools and processes
- Strong business acumen in negotiating with external service companies for the right services at the best price
- Keen attention to detail, and a willingness to strive for continual process improvement
- Excellent customer services skills with a proven ability to deal with difficult situations
- Excellent people management skills and past experience of managing teams
- A self-motivated highly organised team player who possesses the ability to prioritise a large workload according to changing business needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization
About the Company
applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.