Producer - Give Me a Voice
BBC Three is a mixed genre channel for young 16-34 audiences, delivering content online, on social and on television.
The channel is ‘never afraid to try new things’ and will continue to innovate with breakthrough comedy, stand-out entertainment, brave documentary and intelligent factual formats. Its content needs to have potential to innovate across platforms.
BBC Three provides an environment for the development of new ideas and talent and for existing talent to take risks, across 3 editorial pillars. The first two pillars, Make Me Laugh and Make Me Think, are already being delivered through BBC Three’s comedy, factual and drama content.
The third pillar is Give Me a Voice, which will be delivered through the development of social media talent across the UK. This talent will be produced by a brand new team located in Glasgow, sitting alongside the established BBC The Social team, who have a track record of delivering social first content from talent in Scotland.
- Working with the Senior Producer to discover new digital talent in the UK through contacts, online profiles and events.
- Managing the talent development production cycle and the relationship with the talent.
- Work with talent to originate and develop innovative short form/new form content ideas and treatments for Give Me a Voice.
- Ensuring all talent and content adhere to the BBC Three ethos – authentic, young, fresh, diverse.
- Managing and supervising submissions, commissions and productions from talent.
- Ensuring the content meets editorial policy, guidelines and compliance and that that all relevant copyrights and contracts have been cleared and ensure that content meets legal guidelines.
- Ensuring the content meets standards for social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Planning & resurfacing content in line with the social calendar and for upcoming events and moments significant to the BBC Three 16-34 year audience.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of developing and managing new and emerging talent through a production cycle.
- Experience of Creative Cloud particularly Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects.
- Evidence of strong people skills and the ability to adapt communication style to suit a range of relationships.
- Experience of creating a wide range of compelling content types, particularly video and audio for platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
- Excellent organisation skills, with a proven track record in delivering multiple pieces of simultaneous content on time and to brief.
- Strong writing and proof reading skills, with particular experience of writing titles and descriptive copy for online.
Job Title: Producer, Give Me a Voice - BBC Three
Location: Pacific Quay, Glasgow
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.