Product Manager, Audience and Data
BBC Advertising is looking for an Audience Data Manager to lead the management of the BBC data management platform and audience extension activity. They will support advertising and consumer marketing campaigns across desktop, mobile, tablet and social platforms. This is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for someone with data segmentation and analytics experience, who has a deep understanding of the evolving digital advertising landscape.
- Manage collection of audience data across the BBC sites and ensure delivery of audience targeted ad campaigns
- Work with internal operations, sites, technology partners, sales and marketing to create and maintain a high-value audience segment taxonomy
- Assist in building a process for regular segment creation, segment retirement and advertising products built on the premise of leveraging audience data
- Organisation and distribution of agreed reporting
- Management and ownership of third party vendor relationships
- Assist in new data projects relating to audience data and/or the DMP
- Maintain standards for data integrations & requirements for ad serving
- Liaise with internal partners to streamline the end-to-end process and provide strategic analysis and reporting
- Understand different pricing models for audience data to maximise audience returns
- BBC data privacy
- Assist in protecting BBC sites against third party data leakage
- Work with technology and policy teams, by keeping abreast of policy developments and ensuring BBC is compliant
- Ensure data fidelity through excellent system administration
- Develop a strong network of contacts across various BBC departments and help promote the value of data collection
Scope & Impact
The role has a global remit to establish regional and national solutions that help sell audience solutions onsite and offsite. The role will be hugely influential shaping the business in a fast paced and ever changing digital environment and play an instrumental role in procuring, analyzing and exposing new data segments and audience solutions that generate value to the ad sales organization.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following;
Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial awareness
- Complex problem solving
- Project Management
- Communication and outstanding customer service
- Self starting
- A collaborative approach
- Global mindset: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
- Change leadership: resilience - ability to listen and respond and hold the course
- Ability to influence and bring sales teams with you
- Accountability/Making tough decisions
- Empowering of others
- Good experience of online advertising with a track record in problem solving and decision making a must.
- Experience with digital campaign setup, optimization and reporting; audience segmentation, audience development, ad targeting and delivery
- Experience working for or closely with data management platforms (DMP), data exchanges, ad networks, demand side platforms (DSP), agency trading desks or supply side platforms (SSP)
- Knowledge of applications for database management, data administration, business intelligence, ad exchange trading, real-time bidding (RTB), demand- and supply-side platforms (DSP, SSP), ad serving
- Superior skills with MS Excel, Tableau, MS PowerPoint, and web applications
- A network of industry contacts is advantageous
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.