Data Analytics Manager - TV
The Data Analytics Manager reports to the Head of Product for Interactive TV, BBC Three and/programmes and is charged with establishing consistent and reliable digital analytics capabilities and insight generation across all products within the portfolio, including:
- Interactive TV+ and associated Connected TV apps (BBC News and BBC Sport)
- BBC Three responsive web proposition and any associated mobile applications
- The bbc.co.uk/programmes proposition
The role will work with individual product managers and colleagues in the BBC’s Marketing and Audience function to establish consistent, reliable and accessible audience analytics for all products in the portfolio and to define success criteria and KPIs for product development initiatives, in partnership with Product Managers
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge and experience in the selection and use of appropriate tools for the delivery of relevant insights for digital products on web, mobile and connected television.
They must be able to demonstrate an understanding of both the implementation of technologies within products, the generation of meaningful results from specific implementations which can drive product innovation and power product functionality, as well as the presentation and articulation of meaningful insights to a broad stakeholder group.
The ideal candidate will also be able to establish the criticality of effective analytics for the product portfolio, and be able to form successful partnerships with other product stakeholders, to influence and drive roadmap development in this area within the discrete roadmaps.
- Expert knowledge and experience in the selection and use of appropriate tools for the delivery of relevant insights for digital products on web, mobile and connected television.
- Experience of working in mature, agile product and software development environments
- Demonstrable experience of the presentation and articulation of meaningful insights to a broad group of stakeholders
- Able to form successful partnerships with other product stakeholders, to influence and drive roadmap development in this area within the discrete roadmaps
- Experience of delivering insights in a Media business
- Experience of ComScore Digital Analytics or MMX
Proposed band D (Grade 8)
Permanent / Continuing
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background