Product Manager - Digital Analytics/Digital Analyst - TV and Radio
Reporting to the Head of Product, The Product Manager, Digital Analytics supports the work of the Interactive TV, BBC Three and /programmes product portfolio within the TV & Radio Products and Systems division.
The role is responsible, in particular, for establishing consistent and reliable digital analytics capabilities and insight generation across all products, but also for helping to drive other data-based processes such as multivariate and A/B Testing, feature prioritisation and audience research around specific product improvements. The role is consultative - working with Product Managers, Business Analysts, UX & Design colleagues, engineering teams and the BBC’s Marketing & Audiences team to share insights on audience behaviour
- Work with individual product managers and colleagues in the BBC’s Marketing and Audience function to establish consistent, reliable and accessible audience analytics for all products in the portfolio
- Define success criteria and KPIs for product development initiatives, in partnership with Product Managers
- Monitor and analyse analytics to measure performance of the product; proactively present insights to product managers to drive product innovation and suggest features that should be retired
- Form successful partnerships with other product stakeholders to influence and drive necessary specific analytics development within the discrete product roadmaps
- Working with multivariate or A/B testing suppliers and our in-house teams to design experiments
- Forge partnerships with Marketing and Audience colleagues to ensure the performance of the product portfolio is consistently and reliably represented to the wider business
- Present insights and to senior leaders across the BBC to inform decision making
The Ideal Candidate
- Expert knowledge and experience in the selection and use of appropriate tools for the delivery of relevant insights for digital products on web, mobile and connected television.
- Experience of working in mature, agile product and software development environments
- Demonstrable experience of the presentation and articulation of meaningful insights to a broad group of stakeholders
- Able to form successful partnerships with other product stakeholders, to influence and drive roadmap development in this area within the discrete roadmaps
- Experience of delivering insights in a Media business
- Experience of comScore Digital Analytics or MMX
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background