ProductionAssistant - BBC Worldwide - TV Centre
We currently have an opportunity for a ProductionAssistant to join the BBC Worldwide Digital Studios team at Television Centre, White City, London in a permanent role.
This role will be working alongside the Production Manage across key BBC Worldwide brands including Top Gear, Earth and Doctor Who, to support the daily running of video content production for our social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills, excellent and demonstrable Excel experience and be comfortable creating budgets for digital productions. Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they can assist in the management of productions of a variety of sizes across several projects simultaneously.
Previous experience of working on digital video projects specifically for online and experience of working on productions made for the YouTube platform would be preferable.
Working alongside the Production Manager, the productionassistant will be responsible for the following-
- Set up shoots; liaise with freelance crew and book hotels, flights, taxis and any work on any other admin that may be needed for shoots.
- Book carnets where needed and complete any other documents for foreign shoots (Such as Visas, filming permissions etc.)
- Post production paperwork: PAC Form & Music Cue sheets
- Ensuring release forms are complete
- Booking meeting rooms for potential internal shoots
- Capturing all shoot spend on the shoot costing
- Sending regular updates to the production manager
- Filing all necessary hard copy paperwork in the production folder
- Providing ad-hoc support to production when needed
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience of admin management,with a working knowledge of producing reports and spread-sheets in a variety of formats.
- Previous experience of working on digital video projects specifically for online and experience of working on productions made for the YouTube platform would be preferable
- Knowledge of scheduling and spreadsheet management.
- Aptitude for good team working, support for colleagues and the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at any one time whilst staying calm under pressure.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.