Production Coordinator - BBC Worldwide - TV Centre (6 Month FTC)
The Production Coordinator is responsible for managing and coordinating the production of on-air assets for the EMEA Creative team. They will manage an individual or a number of feeds coordinating the production of new promos, campaigns, reversions, navigation and branding elements,
Production Coordinators may also be requested to co-ordinate the production and delivery of off air assets including affiliate and sales materials, local off air requests, campaigns and central reversions.
- Attend the monthly make list, production, kick off and scheduling meetings, ensuring that information is accurately communicated and managed through post production
- Working closely with the Senior Production Co-ordinator to generate relevant documents for the production process (e.g. Live Status Doc)
- In conjunction with the Senior Production Co-ordinator ensure that correct weightings are assigned to projects
- Manage the flow of information as to what is a reversion versus new commission
- Plan timelines and manage all production and post-production sessions, according to the production schedule across the allocated feed for new promos, reversions and navigation items ensuring all relevant content is ordered and ingested. This includes managing of the localisation process
- Ensure that Edit Village staff and external agencies receive all relevant material and that any changes to schedules are communicated
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, ensuring that all key departments are kept informed of production activity
- Work closely with the Senior Production Coordinator to ensure that the commissioned monthly promos are produced and that any schedule changes are noted
- Ensure that all work is technically and content compliant, working closely with the BBCW compliance team
- Ensure that the creative/freelancers label their projects and save scripts correctly and that all standard housekeeping is managed
- Manage timely delivery to play out flagging any concerns with late delivery to the relevant parties
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working as a Production Co-ordinator within a Creative Services department
- Experience of maintaining and updating budgets
- Experience of setting up and attending film and digital format-based shoots
- Experience of booking audio and edit suites / talent/ filming crew
- Familiarity with broadcast standard equipment and post production procedures.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.