Whos it with:
TheBBC Platform Audienceteams have been transforming how the BBC engages with its audience by delivering more of the content they love. We do this by delivering a cloud based API suite of personalisation and participation services that fuel our big data solutions. Our services include, BBC account, recommendations, data storage, notifications, participation services such as comments and voting and data warehouse solutions. Our services are transforming the BBC into a data driven organisation supporting the delivery of BBCs services such as iPlayer, News, Sport, Children, Weather, Radio and TV. Our tech stack is largely Java, Node.js and AWS.
Audience Platform is made up of the following teams:
- Account team which have built a scalable identity system based on the ForgeRock platform which is reliable at scales to tens of millions of users, and on the front end, have build a picture of each person who signs in to the BBC, enabling products News, iPlayer, Childrens to create unique experiences for everyone.
- User Activity Service which provides the capability to allow BBC applications, which have typically been heavily cached and one size fits all, the ability to save audience state to allow customisation across different devices and times of access.
- Single Customer View team which aims to provide a single view of the customer across platforms, devices and services by joining data from many different sources into a datalake.
- Personalisation team which is responsible for creating a platform to connect our audience to the world classcontent they love through personalised notifications and recommendations.
- Participation Team which builds voting (reliable at scale for millions of people voting in minutes) and commenting systems
What Youll Be Doing
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and talented person to support the Delivery Manager in the Audience Platform team.
The team is significantly increasing in size and we need someone to manage the recruitment process as a project. This will include working with the hiring managers to ensure the job ads are done; managing roles as they progress from open, to interview, to prompt offer; ensuring we have the key information required for hiring. This role will support the existing recruitment team and hiring managers.
In addition, the role will include setting up meetups, which are occasional evening events to meet possible new employees.
The role will also support the Delivery Manager in activities required in ensuring the team runs smoothly, e.g. reporting, organising, setting up meetings.
We anticipate that this role will be for a recent grad or someone with a small amount of work experience and is an entry level role. We would also consider doing this role on a P/T or flexible basis.
The Ideal Candidate
What Youll Need:
You will need a recent excellent degree, as well as ideally, some evidence of project management activities. Were looking for a bright self starter, with a proactive and can-do attitude.
Why youll want it:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic, agile team that are tasked with providing features that allow our audiences to interact with the BBC. Our products span the whole of the BBC and reach millions of users! Not only will you be working on amazing projects and with cutting edge technologies you will be surrounded by a team of like-minded Technology professionals from whom you can learn and grow. This is an environment where we love to share ideas, challenge the traditional with our goal of taking the BBC on the journey to be a Digital First organisation.
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.