Join BBC Worldwide as our new Project Manager Television Centre (1 Year Contract)
StoryWorks is the content marketing division within BBC Worldwide Advertising, tasked with delivering an innovative, world-class, bespoke content service for brands around the globe.
The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is the ownership and accountability of multiple project delivery for the EMEA region, ensuring a professional delivery of high-quality work to our clients. The successful candidate will work with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders throughout all stages of delivery, from the creative brief, through to the final report to the client and the end of the campaign.
- Project manage the delivery of sold campaigns; sourcing writers, film treatments, obtaining quotes, effective budget control during the whole project life cycle, coordinating the process from creative briefing to final draft submission, and most importantly, maintain CREATIVE AND QUALITY control.
- Co-ordinate with global colleagues to create, track and report timelines, scope, velocity and quality during the entire life of the project, supporting and managing issues and risks as they occur including escalating when appropriate.
- Coordinating and owning the production process across multiplatform solutions, including: video, branded content, digital technologies and events, with stake holder support.
- Actively build & sustain both internal and external key stakeholder relationships, take ownership of project delivery and assess business satisfaction with delivered results. All learnings should be shared with the StoryWorks team and taken into future projects in order to work toward the best in class objective.
- Work efficiently and effectively across sold campaigns, from sign off to fulfilment, within budget and time constraints, with a remit to maximize revenue within each deal.
- Run daily stand-ups and attend weekly PM meetings; update on project progress, blockers, learnings and challenges.
- Work within BBCW project governance structure, comply to the agreed processes and use the agreed toolset
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards with regard to data protection and security.
- Source internal / external people with the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil project requirements from within the development capability of this area or through negotiation with other teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- A career history encompassing content management roles within a challenging, changeable environment comprising multiple parties across a broad spectrum of business and technical needs
- Significant previous experience of initiating and running multiple projects simultaneously, working with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers to deliver the solution
- A strong working knowledge of OFCOM regulations and ideally experience working within these
- A strong understanding and experience of delivering high quality video production as well as digital solutions
- Proficiency and a passion for video editing and Photoshop
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience of project planning, estimating and budgeting programme
- Good stakeholder management skills, previously proven within a demanding, global organisation
- Excellent negotiations skills and ability to manage relationships and adopt an assertive approach where appropriate
- Able to develop and maintain a good understanding of BBC Worldwides business, its aims and objectives and to keep these in mind when undertaking own accountabilities.
- Organised, calm and able to work under pressure in a fast moving environment remaining motivated and committed at all times.
- Highly-organised and dedicated worker
- Systems- and Solution orientated
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Good leadership skills
- Supportive team player measuring your success by the whole teams performance
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of 133.8M and headline sales of 1,029.4M and returned 222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce