The Property Manager reports into the Head of Property, sat within our wider Procurement team. The Property Manager is responsible for implementing the global property arrangements, liaising with external parties (landlord, brokers and agents), owning and implementing the Global Property Guidelines on all property related projects.
The role provides assistance for all matters relating to Property, ensuring license for occupation and real estate advice is accurate for TVC such as service. The role will solely manage the property strategy, construction and transactional activities including disposals, renewals, and acquisitions.
- To provide detailed expertise for rent review negotiations for existing and potential new property usage, and to provide detailed utilisation data to drive these discussions
- Implement efficient use of the space, embracing new ways of working which maximises, density and utilisation and allows for business expansion within the current portfolio. Working with key stakeholders to determine 3-5-year property requirements. Consolidate these requirements into an aligned, cost effective property strategy and quarterly performance versus plan report.
- Lead the design and fit out aspects of all global property and deliver projects and property, ensuring consistency
- Ensure Global Property standard and strategy in terms of brand, ways of working, sustainability, design and effective solutions.
- Working with other BBC subsidiary organisations, for example BBC Studios and Studioworks, to ensure synergies and consistencies of property approach. Managing all license to occupy and landlord consents as necessary particularly in TVC.
Scope & Impact
- International travel will be required ad hoc, to effect management of specific projects, advice and changes to workplace or changes in the real estate.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of property management and experience in 3rd party contract management.
- Comprehensive property transactional knowledge.
- Substantial construction projects and space planning.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Good communication skills – both oral and written with the ability to present to large audiences when required, with strong negotiating and influencing skills.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- foster a collaborative approach with the ability to empower and inspire
- Global mindset: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
- Be a confident change leader, demonstrating resilience, the ability to listen and respond promptly
- Demonstrate accountability in all tasks and the ability to assimilate multiple information channels/complex situations
- Transparent, trusted and posess professional credibility in order to confidently influence at all levels
- Suitable Industry professional qualification in a Property related discipline/professional management qualification
- Membership to industry bodies such as RICS
- Health & Safety and/or Environmental Management
- Manager with 5 years industry experience in property
- Proven project management and project implementation skills.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental Management.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.