Regional Support Assistant, BBC Children in Need (Bristol)
BBC Children in Need is the BBC’s UK Charity. Our vision is that every child in the UK has a safe, happy and secure childhood and the chance to reach their potential.
The Charity, currently supporting 2,463 projects working with children and young people in the UK, with a total value of c.£160m, has the following strategic aims:
- To increase our impact: to accelerate and broaden the positive and measurable impact that we have on the lives of children and young people.
- To build strong financial foundations: to drive income growth and optimise our funds to maximise the benefit they can have.
- To build a strong charity: be an efficient, effective and well-run organisation, which supports its staff to be their best.
We need to appoint a Regional Support Assistant based in Bristol on a Continuing contract. You will play an important supportive role in the regional grant-making and grant management process. As a Regional Support Assistant, you will provide administrative support for the regionally based South & West team.
***Interviews will take place Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th October 2017***
This is an exciting and varied role that will give you exposure to a number of projects and stakeholders across Children in Need. You will help to ensure that the work of the team is carried out efficiently and effectively. Responsibilities include:
- Team coordination and administration - coordinate the smooth running of grant committee meetings, ensuring that relevant paperwork is produced and that accurate records of meetings and grant recommendations are kept, and co-ordinate work with our freelance assessors and the Regional Advisory Committee.
- Grant-making - advise on enquiries from grant applicants and recipients and provide appropriate feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Grant management - take responsibility for a proportion of the active grant portfolio, ensuring that grants are reported on in a timely manner, and supporting grant administration in the team e.g. entering, extracting and maintaining data on the grants database.
- External relationships - participate in building relationships in the sector and attend meetings and other occasions on behalf of the charity.
- Participating in various activities across the region in the run-up to the Children in Need Appeal, you will help further develop BBC Children in Need’s role as the BBC’s UK charity, liaising with fundraisers, the local voluntary sector and other key stakeholders throughout the BBC and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, you will have paid or unpaid experience of working in the charitable, grant making and/or children and young people sectors.
Possessing demonstrable experience of administrative or secretarial office-based work, you'll have experience of prioritising a busy and diverse workload and of effectively communicating with a wide range of people.
When applying for this role, please ensure you clearly outline your relevant experience of:
- Working within the charitable, grant making and/or children and young people sectors. This should include paid or unpaid experience.
- Please indicate your level of experience of working in an office based team support role.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.