Researcher - Give Me a Voice
BBC Three is a mixed genre channel for young audiences, delivering content online, on social and on television.
The channel is focussed on young audiences and 16-34 year-olds are its centre of gravity: people who are young in spirit and mindset.
BBC Three is never afraid to try new things and will continue to innovate with breakthrough comedy, stand-out entertainment, brave documentary and intelligent factual formats. Its content needs to have potential to innovate across platforms.
BBC Three provides an environment for the development of new ideas and talent and for existing talent to take risks, across 3 editorial pillars. The first two pillars, Make Me Laugh and Make Me Think, are already being delivered through BBC Threes comedy, factual and drama content.
The third pillar is Give Me a Voice, which will be delivered through the development of social media talent across the UK. This talent will be produced by a brand new team located in Glasgow, sitting alongside the established BBC The Social team, who have a track record of delivering social first content from talent in Scotland.
- Work with the Producer to discover new digital talent in the UK through contacts, online profiles and events.
- Support the Producer in managing the talent development production cycle.
- Create short form packages for Give Me a Voice using Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign
- Ensure all content is accessible through subtitling or captioning to a high standard of literacy
- Contribute innovative short form/new form content ideas and treatments for Give Me a Voice talent to produce.
- Work with the Producer to ensure all content adheres to BBC Threes ethos authentic, young, fresh, diverse.
- Work with the Producer to ensure all content adheres to BBC Threes quality standards.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in using media creation packages such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop and InDesign for editing, image manipulation and production of assets such as videos, photos, graphics, podcasts, animated gifs.
- Knowledge of publishing content optimised for the appropriate platforms; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Tumblr and others.
- Experience of working in a digital production team with a young target audience.
- Experience of working with new and emerging talent in a production environment.
- A good understanding of SEO and content tagging.
- Experience of researching and coming up with ideas for a wide range of compelling content types, particularly video and audio for social platforms
- Evidence of strong people skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit a range of relationships.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Strong writing and proof reading skills.
Job Title: Researcher, Give Me a Voice - BBC Three
Location: Pacific Quay, Glasgow
About the Company
We dont focus simply on what we do we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure youve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. Youll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.