SAP Lead Finance System Specialist
BBC’s Design & Engineering Division delivers the technology and services that enable the BBC to fulfil its strategic and business goals. In simple terms, it provides the technology to enable great content to be delivered to our audiences 365 days of the year including digital production of programmes for TV, Radio and online platforms, broadcast scheduling, web sites, the BBC intranet and corporate systems and the BBC’s Digital Archive.
To support the BBC, now and in the future, our priorities are to make sure we’re flexible, efficient and can take advantage of all the digital developments happening in broadcasting.
Our objectives are to:
- Deliver agreed portfolio and projects priorities to plan
- Deliver high quality services
- Be a strategic partner with the rest of the BBC
- Build the capability we need to deliver the Design & Engineering Vision
As SAP Lead Finance System Specialist, you will ensure that the overall performance of SAP and non-SAP finance applications meets business requirements. You will provide detailed technical system expertise, support and knowledge in both a service delivery (‘business as usual’) and business change (small changes and projects) capacity ensuring dependencies and relationships between all associated systems are understood and maintained and the business impacts of technical changes are communicated effectively to relevant stakeholders. You will also mentor more junior system specialists.
The Ideal Candidate
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with significant experience of working in a complex global SAP landscape with expertise in implementing SAP Finance end to end solutions.
We are looking for candidates that have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of SAP FI/CO and SRM having worked in both BAU and project environments you’ll be able to lead on requirements gathering and present solution options that align with business strategies
- Be able to configure the system as well as work with 3rd party outsourcing service providers performing this function.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP General Ledger (New GL)
- Asset Accounting (AA),
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Cash & Banking
- Project Systems including WIP (PS)
- Profit Centre Accounting (PCA)
- Cost Centre Accounting (CCA)
- Material Management (MM)
- Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- Opentext - VIM and detailed integration knowledge with SAP SD/BW/HR
About the Company
Why you should come and work for us!
- Excellent career progression
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities
- A vibrant digital community
- A variety of technical challenges
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are very important to us. Please see Values Document attached.