Junior Account Director
The Junior Account Director is responsible for generating profitable sales revenues from an assigned group of agencies and clients in the Western European sales region. In this role, you will work to raise the profile of BBC Advertising within a portfolio of London-based agencies and direct clients, as well as those based in the countries that fall into the remit of the London Agency sales team. This entails, where appropriate, remotely managing and influencing in-country and agency Sales Reps / Sales Houses and providing them with sales tools, presentations and performance coaching. As well as delivering on a personal sales target, the Junior Account Director manages the activities of a UK-based sales team.
In this challenging, business-critical role, the Junior Account Director:
- Delivers the sales revenue target for the assigned agencies, clients and non-UK territories
- Owns the client / agency relationship and manages the end-to-end sales cycle, orchestrating multiple resources to close sales
- Uses an in-depth knowledge of the market to develop the strategic sales plan
- Drives implementation of the plan with the internal and external sales teams
- Investigates various sources of information to identify new business potential
- Leads and motivates a team of internal and external sales people, setting clear performance expectations and developing capability in line with the current and future requirements of the business
- Develops strong relationships with agency / client top management and through all levels in these organisations to maximise revenue opportunities and position the BBC as advertising partner of choice
- Provides regular sales updates and forecasts to the VP on current revenue and the sales pipeline
- Manages the expectations of internal stakeholders and facilitates collaboration between groups to achieve the required results for the Worldwide Advertising
Success in this role relies on an in-depth knowledge of the media industry and a comprehensive understanding of BBC Worldwide Advertising products and services. Outstanding consultative selling skills and the ability to forge relationships at the highest levels in both agency and client organisations are critical capabilities. This is a role for an energetic high-achiever who loves client facing, sales driven roles. The ability to motivate the sales team to deliver results and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction is also key to successful performance.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant sales experience within the media industry (either in agency or in house) and its various platforms. You will have a passion for news and current affairs, and will have developed strong account and opportunity management techniques with a consultative selling approach. You will also have experience in managing a team of people, sometimes remotely.
A successful performer in this role will be passionate about selling and hitting targets, rather than working within the creative side of the sales business. You will use multiple contacts and sources of information to keep current with industry and competitive trends and will generate solutions based on a thorough understanding of the internal / external business environment. You will also generate new thinking to build into account plans and identify risks and develop contingency plans for those risks.
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world. In 2016/17, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £157.3M (2015/16: £133.8M), and headline sales of £1,059.9M (2015/16: £1,029.4M) and returned £210.5M to the BBC.
The UK region delivers nearly a third of BBCW’s revenues, across a broad range of sectors, including Channels, TV Distribution, Consumer Products, Live Events, Publishing and e-Commerce.
Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Northern Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation.