Senior Architect - Permanent Circuits
The BBC aims to stimulate and delight audiences across the UK with distinctive, creative content. To support this aim, we are entering an exciting period of significant change. We are merging multi-disciplinary technology teams in order to define a BBC fit for the next generation.
The vision is simple: The new division will lead the work to re-engineer the BBC, making it into a more agile, more creative and more confident organisation for the Digital age. This complex transformation will enable us to deliver our mission to Inform, Educate and Entertain our audiences in new and distinctive ways.
- To work with the Lead Architect, Connectivity, and Head of Connectivity Architecture on the development and delivery of the BBC's permanent connectivity roadmap
- As a subject matter expert in the field of connectivity, to form part of a connectivity 'Centre of Excellence'
- To manage the development and maintenance of an accurate repository of all associated data and drawings associated with the BBC's connectivity estate
- To consult and advise at all levels on aspects of the BBC's permanent connectivity
The Ideal Candidate
- A subject matter expert in the field of connectivity
- In depth experience identifying the key technology capabilities required to support the business drivers, vision, strategy, and core processes.
- Someone who has developed architectural documentation including conceptual / logical / physical architecture models, standards, methods, tools and patterns.
- Experience mapping both functional and non-functional requirements onto required systems and technology capabilities.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.