Senior Business Development Executive
BBC Worldwide funds, distributes and commercialises one of the world’s leading catalogues of premium media content. It operates a bouquet of TV channels distributed globally, licenses content to the world’s leading broadcasters and OTT platforms and has built cross media brand franchises with global appeal including Top Gear, Dr Who, Sherlock and BBC Earth.
As BBC Worldwide moves into its next stage of growth, it is looking to develop strategic partnerships with the world’s leading digital businesses to capitalise on growing demand for premium media content in the digital space.
This a key strategic initiative for the business supported by the CEO, with an objective to build long term partnerships that leverage BBC Worldwide’s global brand franchises, creative resources and international infrastructure to deliver marketing, content funding and revenue upsides.
In the past 6 months the team has built strong momentum and has already developed needle moving partnership with Snapchat, Skye and Google with many more currently being planned, to support this initiative BBC Worldwide is hiring a Digital Partnerships Executive
- Researching and analysing the market to identify emerging partnership opportunities
- Contributing to pitches to target digital partners
- Providing support to commercial negotiations
- Account Managing specified partnerships, being the single point of contact and ensuring a strong relationship is established and there is a robust performance management framework to support each partnership’s objectives and KPI’s
- Tracking , analysing and reporting on the performance of existing digital partnerships and identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities to improve performance.
- Overseeing BBC Worldwide’s content ID actvities with a specific focus on YouTube
- Acting as the single point of contact for operations and go to market for new digital partnerships, and helping to design and implement new operational processes for digital partners
- Helping to ensure there is high quality governance to support BBC Worldwide’s digital partnership activities – building relationships across BBC Worldwide stakeholders in the Regional, content and brand teams and ensuring coordination and information sharing.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Skills
Education and Experience
- Either at least 3 years Sales and Account Management or Business Development Experience in the Media or Tech space
- Or at least 2 years Strategic Consultancy Experience from a leading consultancy practice
- Degree education
- An energetic and ambitious self-starter with a a passion for emerging opportunities in the digital media space, and an interest in BBC Worldwide’s content and brand franchises
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills – with the ability to develop pitch documents
- Financially literate, with excel modelling experience and strong attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure, to project manage competing priorities and the ability to get things done quickly at high quality
- An interest in BBC Worldwide’s global media franchises, and their future growth potential
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.