Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Who's it with:
BBC Platform Audience is one of the BBC’s biggest and most ambitious online projects. The ultimate aim being to personalise the online content and engage more effectively with our audience. Our services include, BBC account (sign in), recommendations, data storage, insights, notifications, participation services such as comments and voting and data warehouse solutions. You will be part of a team transforming the BBC into a data driven organisation supporting the delivery of the BBC’s services such as iPlayer, News, Sport, Children, Weather, Radio and TV to millions of people. Our tech stack is largely Java, Node.js and Cloud (AWS).
Join us to deliver robust products at scale that in a modern AWS environment as part of a great multi-disciplinary agile team. Help us to deliver the solutions robustly and securely at scale – eg systems with more than 25,000tps, dealing with 2 billion data points in real time daily by the end of the year, delivering tens of millions of alerts in under a minute, and large scale events such as voting on Strictly Come Dancing and Glastonbury on iPlayer.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Ideal Candidate
What You’ll Need:
- Agile work practices
- Testing frameworks: Mocha, Sinon, Chai (or similar)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Amazon Web Services
- Excellent career progression: The BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities: Our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- A vibrant digital community: We have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.