Senior Problem Manager
As a Senior Problem manager for Broadcast & Online Service Management you will be joining a new and exciting team. Working across BBC internal and external suppliers to improve the user experience for our audience and ensure that services are delivered to the highest possible standards.
As a Senior Problem Manager:
- You are an enthusiastic subject matter expert with a passion for Problem Management and the ability to drive high performance and best practice across your professional community. You will create an environment where success happens for your customers and for the business.
- You will be responsible for managing and operating an industry best practice Problem Management function (focused upon known errors and problems) working across the product, platform and network community within the BBC. You will also coordinate and manage to resolution Problem Management activities with the BBC’s suppliers and internal teams.
- You will build reports and establish systems that present data and insights to help identify proactive problem management.
- You are a custodian of all process, policy and working practices used in Problem Management for all services provided by and for the BBC and will form a working relationship with business improvement and operational teams to ensure continuous high performance and improvement.
- You will be the champion for the application of best Problem Management practice across the BBC.
- Experience of current technologies in a large IT or Broadcast organization is required.
- Understanding and experience of problem methodologies. With a keen eye for identifying new and evolving techniques, technologies and approaches to Problem Management.
- Must be familiar with the development of Process and Policy to support the Problem management function in a multi-supplier model.
- A proven track record of driving root cause analysis to conclusion.
- A good understanding and experience of ITSM toolsets to support and facilitate Problem Management.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to identify and improve performance measurement and reporting processes in a large organisation
- Experience of creating and distributing comprehensive reports from a number of sources back to the business
- Demonstrable ability to manipulate data and summarise complex reports to present to non-specialists
- Experience of working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with a delivery focus in both project and operational environments
- Experience of automating reports (as far as data sources/tools will allow)
- Comfortable with using technology as a communication medium - Intranet, Wiki’s
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office Professional including Word, PowerPoint, Excel (advanced skills) and common diagramming tools
- Excellent spoken and written Business English skills and the ability to write clear and concise text for different audiences
- A wide experience of flexible and proactive information gathering
- Experience of managing and interpreting monthly reporting statistics for complex IT environments
- Strong personal organisation skills and ability to manage own time to meet deadlines
- Ability and confidence to take charge of diverse tasks and deliver high quality work in a challenging and ever-changing environment
- Ability to present in a professional and business-like manner to internal and external customers
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities
- A flexible approach to adapt to changing deadlines
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level is essential
- Excellent career progression the BBC offers great opportunities for ambitious individuals to seek new challenges and work on many different and varied products
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification
- A vibrant digital community we have a strong focus on continuous improvement and engineering excellence. We host regular talks from internal and external speakers, and provide generous opportunities to attend industry events and conferences.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC