Senior Product Manager - Consumer Digital
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to join us and work as part of the newly formed Consumer Digital team and help to drive and shape the product strategies of BBC Worldwide. Although the role is a 12 month fixed term contract, we fully expect the role to go full time as the new department becomes established.
- Providing strategic leadership, backlog and roadmap ownership for a range of B2B and B2C products (although no prior B2B experience required) – being the driving force between business stakeholders, technology and UX to create the best possible product with the resources available.
- Using data to support decisions and strategies for products and to build & present business cases to gain resources and business backing for your products.
- Provide leadership to a variety of disciplines and be seen as the key representative of the products you lead.
- Stay abreast of relevant market trends, ensure that you are up to date with competitors and to regularly assess your own working practices and how they relate to your team.
- Lead the gathering of requirements, and work with tech, UX and the business to ensure appropriate levels of granularity and understanding, and to guide and shape the requirements with your team as the technical and UX understanding progresses.
- Own the negotiation process around requirements with stakeholders.
- Agree deliverables with the business, and ensure that the correct structures are in place to keep key stakeholders expectations managed. Report back on the progress of the deliverables and adjust in an iterative manner so that the aims of the product always reflect the environment in which it exists.
- Gain an understanding of both the business and the technology of both BBC Worldwide and the wider BBC, so that you can become an effective operator within this unique environment. Identify new opportunities and put forward new ideas around how BBC Worldwide can further maximise revenue for the BBC.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced product owner who has already led a number of products from inception to success
- Confident with stakeholder management at all levels
- Have experience of forming and driving strategies, and negotiating features with both UX, tech and stakeholders. You will have formed and driven product road maps to success, sometimes managing multiple products at once.
- Significant experience working with both technical and UX teams
- Proactive relationship managment experience with external supplier to deliver solutions
About the Company
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
BBC Worldwide Limited is the main commercial arm and a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC. BBC Worldwide exists to support the BBC public service mission and to maximise profits on its behalf. It does this through investing in; commercialising and showcasing content from the BBC in the UK and around the world, In 2015/16, BBC Worldwide generated headline profits of £133.8M and headline sales of £1,029.4M and returned £222.2M to the BBC. Comprised predominantly of the non-English speaking world, our Global Markets business encompasses Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEMA), Asia and Latin America. Business activities range from TV sales and channel operation to production and intellectual property exploitation, Commerce.