Senior Research Executive (Global News Ltd)
BBC Global News Limited brings together the BBC World News television channel, bbc.com/news and bbc.com/sport, as part of the BBC News Group family. BBC Global News Ltd’s ambition is to maximise the quality of BBC News outside of the UK, focusing on delivering a commercially funded, but public service driven, news business. As Senior Research Executive you will principally be responsible for managing and collaborating on a number of key research programmes.
You will be required to roll research that measures the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, you will monitor and report on user experience and satisfaction with BBC.com and our other online products, and ensure that products and editorial teams have timely and accurate information. You’ll track consumer engagement with BBC News’ social media presence, and bring to life the nature of how consumers interact with the BBC. This position will also need you to measuring and reporting on the size and nature of the BBC News audience around the world, including key audience segments, using global datasets. You will provide analytic support to assist in commercial opportunities, measure viewer perception and appreciation of our TV programmes and ensure the right insight is communicated back to editorial teams.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:-
- Experience at Research Executive or Senior Research Executive level for a media platform, ad agency, or research agency.
- Experience in either carrying out or managing quantitative research fieldwork. Excellent data skills; able to manage and process datasets, analyse findings and discover compelling findings in the research.
- A keen eye for detail, and an uncompromising attitude to accuracy; willing to dive into raw data to spot errors, tweak calculations, and conform data so that it is fit for purpose.
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about producing a high level of insight to drive change within the business.
- You will combine research rigour with creativity to produce insightful data and deliver it in a compelling manner.
- You will seek out and manage important internal relationships; becoming the trusted advisor of content producers, marketing stakeholders, and sales teams who rely on you to articulate how audiences are engaging with BBC News.
- You will need to demonstrate proven experience in audience measurement approaches with the ability to use analysis software such as Telmar, EZTab or similar tools as well as digital analytics and social media measurement systems such as comScore, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or Social Bakers.
Excel. Understanding of panel methodologies and expertise in third party syndicated data (e.g. IPSOS, GWI) and research analysis tools such as SPSS , Research Analyzer or Q are desirable. Experience working in a commercial media environment
Grade: 2 (Equivalent of BBC Band 7)
Contract: 12-month fixed term contract or open as attachment for internal BBC candidates.
Please ensure you have your line manager's approval to apply for an attachment.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background
The BBC is currently implementing a Career Path Framework which will result in employees being aligned to generic job titles and job descriptions. Consequently, successful applicants may be realigned to a slightly different job title shortly after joining the BBC.