Senior Software Engineer, Research and Development
Want to make a difference?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the BBC Audio Research and Development team in MediaCity, Salford.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that really does make a difference to the future of the BBC and an audience of millions. The team works on developing the future audio of TV, radio and online looking at emerging internet technologies and services bringing the best audio experience to our audiences.
Do you have a passion for Audio?
Well, listen to thisâ¦.
- Develop your skills and ideas through to completion, very often into operational success.
- Be involved with research work on new audio technologies expected to be rolled out over 1 â 5 year timescale i.e. prototyping new internet technologies, user experiences and services.
- Command a good range of skills while specialising in one or two areas of software development.
- Be responsible for prototyping, development, test and launch of applications and services.
The Ideal Candidate
I hear you, âWhat do I needâ?
- A passion for and knowledge of audio signal processing i.e. spatial sound capture and synthesis or perception of synthetic sound fields or digital signal processing for digital audio effect or acoustic systems or semantic audio
- A solid background in software development using major operating systems i.e. Linux, OS X, C and C++
- Experience in scrum or other agile development methodologies.
- A good honours degree in; computer science, engineering, physics or a closely related subject.
The BBC is looking for passionate individuals with knowledge of emerging technologies, one who is ready to make a difference through their work.